This post may contain affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Vacuum giant Dyson are world renowned for their high quality and innovative products and are widely considered to be one of the most trustworthy market leaders around today.
This model – the Dyson DC77 Cinetic Big Ball Animal Plus Allergy – is one of their newest models and arguably one of their most impressive, with a host of specialist features, unparalleled versatility and incredible performance on removing pet hair from your house.
We were so impressed by this model that we awarded it the best upright vacuum for pet hair on the market in our round up review and comparison post.
Look and Feel
As is commonly found with Dyson products, the Cinetic Big Ball Animal is somewhat futuristic-looking with a sleek silver and cherry color scheme, transparent canister and – in accordance with its name – a huge ball at the base to enable easy maneuvers.
The high quality of the product is evident in its sturdy and intuitive design and structure. It looks and feels robust, even down to the add-on accessories.
Size, Weight and Handling
Clocking in at just over 19lbs, the Cinetic Big Ball Animal is an average weight for an upright vacuum but thanks to the integrated Dyson Big Ball technology, it’s as easy to manoeuvre as a much lighter weight model would be.
The Big Ball requires much less energy from the user to propel around the floors as it rolls freely and is easily steered around different surfaces and angles, including tricky corners and stairs.
The handle is comfortable to grip and the vacuum’s low center of gravity means that it won’t tip over when left standing.
Vacuuming under furniture is a little tricky unfortunately as the size of the Big Ball is so large it restricts just how far you’re able to propel the base under low surfaces. Thankfully, there is an included reach-under tool to tackle these areas instead.
Emptying the Cinetic Big Ball’s bin is easy and hygienic, requiring just a simple button push to release the trapped dirt and debris.
The Dyson animal comes with 8 accessories, designed incredibly well to tackle with efficiency any job on any surface you might imagine:
- Mattress tool: to remove dirt and allergens from mattresses and upholstery
- Multi-angle brush tool: to clean difficult angles like ceilings, top of ceiling fans and lights and so on.
- Reach-under tool: Incredibly thin to reach and clean under the lowest sitting of furniture items.
- Carbon fiber soft dusting brush: the carbon fibers attract fine dust from hard surfaces. It’s thinly shaped with an angled handle to enable you to fit it into small crevices.
- Tangle-free turbine tool: A handheld tool with counter-rotating brushes that sweep up pet hair without letting it get tangled around the vacuum. Perfect for getting hair off stairs and upholstery.
- Combination tool: cleans between furniture by extending into awkward gaps and can also be used for dusting
- Stair tool: A lightweight handheld tool perfect for cleaning every angle of your stairs, including the upright faces.
The Cinetic Big Ball has no filter to get clogged with dirt so its suction power is incredibly powerful and does not lessen over time. Dyson are so confident of its longevity that they promise that it will NEVER lose this suction performance.
It’s specifically designed for homes with pets and is particularly capable of freeing and removing embedded pet hair.
The stand out feature here is the Tangle-Free Turbine Tool; a tool with numerous counter-rotating brush heads that suck up hair without having it tangle around a brush bar like the majority of vacuums do.
These brush heads are flexible and will bend themselves to suit uneven surfaces, drawing hair in from all directions – perfect for upholstery, carpets and furniture.
Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Official Dyson Video
Below is the official release video from Dyson that explains the incredible power of this vaccum, detailing the very latest – and very clever – technology it contains to ensure zero loss of suction during use.
What Jobs and Surfaces Does It Clean?
The Cinetic Big Ball is exceptionally versatile and can be used effectively on both carpets and hardwood floors. It sports a self-adjusting cleaner head and active base plate, which seals in suction automatically when it encounters different surface types to ensure the deepest possible clean.
This technology ensures that both the microscopic dust between your floor boards is sucked up as well as any debris ingrained into deep carpet. The stiff bristles of the motorized brush bar tackle the latter.
The wide array of accessories that come with the Cinetic Big Ball will help you vacuum stairs, cars, curtains, upholstery and even ceilings, for which there is an instant release wand to help you clean up high.
Edge Cleaning Performance
Thanks to its unparalleled manoeuvrability, it’s easy to vacuum right up to the edges of your skirting boards with the Cinetic Big Ball.
If you require something smaller to really penetrate the nooks and crannies, the included multi-angle brush tool will likely come in handy.
Any Other Unique, Stand-out Features?
Perhaps the most significant feature of the Cinetic Big Ball is its employment of Cinetic technology: a multi-million dollar innovation by Dyson to ensure total, lasting suction power.
While many vacuums nowadays boast of ‘never losing suction’, the Cinetic Big Ball actually has the technology to back up this claim.
It does away with the traditional filters and is instead equipped with a number of small cyclones and oscillating tips – vibrating 350 times a second – to capture and separate tiny particles of dust before moving it into the bin.
This Cinetic technology also renders the vacuum certified asthma and allergy friendly, with Dyson claiming that no other vacuum expels cleaner air.
Despite not having filters, the cyclonic system is so sophisticated that the whole machine is just as effective as any vacuum kitted out with HEPA filtration.
Summary of Pros:
- Created by Dyson: a trustworthy brand and market leader
- Aesthetically pleasing and demonstrably sturdy
- Easy to handle and manoeuvre: it can tackle corners and stairs easily, and has a low center of gravity so won’t tip over
- Versatile: it can tackle carpets, hardwood, upholstery and curtains
- Accessories: it comes with a host of tools to provide a total clean
- Tough on pet hair: it sports a powerful suction and the Tangle Free Turbine Tool
- Cleans right up to the edges
- Never loses suction: Cinetic technology allows for long-term high performance
- Anti-allergenic and hygienic: no other vacuum expels cleaner air and it’s easy to remove the collected dirt and debris.
- Long power cord: 35 foot long so more convenient for large rooms and homes
Summary of Cons:
- Hard to propel under furniture: the Big Ball is too large to fit under low surfaces
- Expensive: it’s one of the pricier models on the market
- Noisy: some users have found that the powerful suction makes for quite a loud vacuuming experience.
The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Plus Allergy is an impressive all-rounder in the world of upright vacuums and certainly worth its initial outlay.
As well as being effective at removing pet hair, special features like innovative Cinetic technology, its versatility and manoeuvrability, and the fact that it’s anti-allergenic, means that the Cinetic Big Ball should be a serious contender for your next vacuum.
Top Picks For Our Dogs
- BEST PUPPY TOY
We Like: Calmeroos Puppy Toy w/ Heartbeat and Heat Packs - Perfect for new puppies. Helps ease anxiety in their new home.
- BEST DOG CHEW
We Like: Bones & Chews Bully Sticks - All of our puppies love to bite, nip, and chew. We love using Bully Sticks to help divert these unwanted behaviors.
- BEST DOG TREATS
We Like: Crazy Dog Train Me Treats - One of our favorite treats for training our service dog puppies.
- BEST FRESH DOG FOOD
We Like: The Farmer's Dog - A couple months ago we started feeding Raven fresh dog food and she loves it! Get 50% off your first order of The Farmer's Dog.
For a list of all the supplies we get for our new service dog puppies check out our New Puppy Checklist on the PuppyInTraining.com blog.